Sunday 16 August 2009

Athens, Greece







As we only had 1 day in Athens we new that we would only be able to see the major attractions but had been advised by other people and numerous websites that 1 day would be more than enough. We went straight to the Acropolis which was about 5 minutes from the hostel. We wandered around the ruins for about an hour. We then headed into Athens and had a look through the markets. At this stage Aims and Jake went there own way home as Jo and I had to spend the next 2 hours looking for a pair of sandals....for Jo not for me! Eventually after 20 different places and plenty of deliberating she decided on a pair.
We then head back to the hostel to get changed and head out for dinner, our last ALFA beer and our last Gyros! (wipes away tear)
After a great meal we headed back to the hostel and to their roof bar for a drink and some Shesha. Then it was off to bed to get as much sleep as possible before our 9am flight back to Rome and our reunion with Sarsha.

2 comments:

  1. I had so much fun discovering your blog today. I wrote about you on a few of my blogs with a few of your images and links to your blog. I hope that was ok..if not let me know and I'll take them off.
    Thanks so much and happy traveling..
    Amanda
    http://photoblogjunkie.blogspot.com/
    http://itsallbeachy.blogspot.com/
    http://ourincredibleworld-itsallgroovy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo, Julie Kypriotis would have been in her element with you shopping for shoes in Athens. We spent so much time in shoe shops with her and we didn't go into all of them either! Adam I feel for you. Hope you got a great pair Jo. I still love my ones I bought 2 years ago.

    ReplyDelete